Sunday, December 18, 2005

Aunt Aggie Passes Away

Aggie passed away last night. May she rest in peace with God's blessings. Aunt Aggie was like a grandmother to my son, a super aunt and friend to my wife, and for me a special family from my wife's branch of relatives. She will be deeply missed.

One week ago our plans still had us visiting our beloved west coast of Puerto Rico. Not making our annual pilgrimage has left an empty spot in my soul... I have been playing a lot more tropical salsa music from streaming internet and DirctTV's XM radio the past few days. A friend passed along the name of a very good Cuban/Puerto Rican restaurant in the Rockville suburbs of Washington, DC... will have to take my wife and son there sometime next week. Wife and I plan to visit our regular digs in Feb, but I hope my 22yo son can tear himself away from his low paying, no benefits job in Wilmington, NC, to join us. Love sharing the tropical waves with him, the daily dawn patrol for cafe con leche, fresh baked criollo bread and waves, and criollo lunches after surfing Wilderness, Maria's or one of our secret spots.

No comments: