Sunday, June 13, 2021

CRNW Forecast and Report for Sun, 2021-0613 (late morning)

The forecast shows smaller but steady Wash waves through Sunday before building and staying at a higher plateau through the end.

Today we paddled out around 630a and were wet for about 1.5 hrs, in an outgoing tide and overhead surf. Funky lines after about ten minutes out with the 3 reefs dragging the swell into breaking. More water over the reef or an incoming tide would have made this much more feasible... but we have to deal with the reality of a 11a-noon wind kicking up.

Everyone had some pleasing rides. The ride that polished me off was the heals over head drill down and back flip in the water which had me in an upside down banana shape, from neck to base of my spine... good enough for a stinger. I just stayed in the channel and monitored the return strength in my arm and decided to paddle in before the outgoing tide became too strong. Time for some ibuprofen!
 
 
 
 

No comments: